Sunday, October 24, 2010

Let's Move to the Country

Let's move to the country
Just you and me
My travels are over
My travels are through

Let's move to the country
Just me and you...
-Smog

Joe and I visited the gingerbread cabin in the Poconos again. It was so wonderful to unplug the computers, turn off the cellphones and escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Our long weekend was filled with lots of hiking, pumpkin picking, strolling through small village shops and flea markets and driving along winding country roads while trying not to lose our place on the map as we stared out the window in amazement at the bright red, orange and yellow leaves.

Welcome to the cabin located deep in the woods of Dingman's Ferry...


The incredible surroundings made it hard to keep your eyes on the road while traveling through the forest and mountains...


We ate quite a few interesting foods along the way, one of the best being this warm, crispy barbecued pretzel...


Joe selected several gourds, and I fell in love with these adorable baby pumpkins...

  

I couldn't believe my eyes when I returned from buying a drink to find Joe standing in line waiting for his "Swamp Plate" to emerge from the deep-fryer. Frog legs and alligator meat piled on top of fresh cut french fries! Yikes and ewwww!


One of the highlights of the trip was hiking along this beautiful trail filled with waterfalls, footbridges and long wooden stairways that ran right behind the cabin...



While we didn't spot any bears this time around, we saw plenty of adorable moss and lichen covered trees all along the forest floor...


 The marriage between hot dogs and apple pie was a truly romantic love story inside Joe's stomach...


While visiting the country's largest general store, I was nearly swallowed whole by a great white shark and then did a little dance as I picked a few giant acorns...



Taking one last breath of the fresh mountain air before heading back home to the city...



No comments:

Post a Comment